General Session IV (4)?

I missed some of Saturday’s session due to work and have been wanting to rewatch. I do understand that there were some dramatic/controversial moments. Im curious if the tine between the session and posting is to allow for editing or removal of some of those items. I feel like they should be posted as broadcasted. Any updates on availability or reasoning behind the unavailability?

4 Likes

In my experience, nothing is edited. The delay is in processing to prepare it for posting.
Claudia

I think they’ll are up now here General Assembly 2023 Public Video | UUA.org

1 Like

I missed Session IV, where I understand the young people presenting the business resolution protested on the stage, and an announcement was made about the termination (or placing on leave) of a staff member associated with this group. I also feel that this session needs to be posted unedited as a matter of public record. It has stil not been posted to this site:

General Session IV | UUA.org

If anyone took video clips of what happened on their phone, I am interested to see them. After these GA-related threads close in a few hours, you can find me through this lay-led group created to discuss Article II, GA, etc., which will remain open for a couple more weeks (and remain viewable after it is suspended).

Blue Boat Passengers: Info & Constructive Discussion re Article II, etc. | Announcement: This group will soon be suspended | Facebook

generally for captioning, etc.

Every other session is available for viewing, even Session V which was the following day. It was available as soon as the event was over. I don’t understand why Session IV isn’t similarly available.

1 Like

fair enough; that is disturbing
You might write to web@uua.org or webmaster@uua.org

@Sally and @Darbi , maybe they need to consult with attorneys before posting that session (edited or unedited).