An Action of Immediate Witness (AIW) is a statement about a significant action, event, or development in the world that necessitates immediate engagement and action among UU member congregations and groups.
Now thru June 6, 5 pm ET / 4 pm CT / 3 pm MT / 2 pm PT / 1 pm AKT / 11 am HT.
An AIW proposal must meet all of the following:
- Pertain to an issue that requires immediate action.
- Call on UUA member congregations and groups to take specific meaningful action.
- Present an opportunity for member congregations to build partnerships and/or act in solidarity with marginalized groups beyond and within the Association.
- Be grounded in UU theology and practice.
- Be crafted in anti-oppressive and inclusive language that is conducive to justice.
An AIW must not:
- Duplicate a recent AIW
- Be primarily focused on issues within the UUA.
Access the submission form via the Delegate Platform
June 6 – proposals are reviewed by the Commission on Social Witness
- There will be no wordsmithing or resubmission this year.
- Review and follow the proposal criteria as carefully as possible to ensure submission is accepted.
Polling Period June 7 - 14
Approved proposals will be posted on discuss.uua.org for anyone to discuss. During the polling period, delegates will be able to vote for the top three AIWs to admit to the agenda.
During General Assembly
During Thursday’s General Session the Commission on Social Witness will present the top three AIWs and move to add them to the agenda.
During Saturday’s General Session the AIWs will be presented by the proposers and discussed. Afterwards delegates will vote to adopt the AIWs.