#215 | Mary C Desmone | Wider changes

Submission 215
Mary C Desmone
UU Congregation of Erie (Erie, PA)7222

What is your suggestion or idea?

The attached document shows words to be added are underlined, and words to be deleted have a line through them.

What is the reason for your amendment idea?

Most of my suggestions are for grammatical corrections. However, some suggestions are more than that. For example:
I rearranged a sentence under Section C-2.2 Values and Covenant. While I love the petal graphic, I did not like that there were 2 colors of blue, side by side, and no green. I suggested using green for Interdependence, and Orange for Pluralism. Under Intendpence I also recommended adding to the end of the 1st sentence, ““of which we are a part””. I recommended changing Pluralism to Diversity. Under Transformation, I recommended adding ““needs of”” to ““changing world”” in the first sentence. Under Equity, I recommended changing ““money”” to ““financial support””. I thought the word ““money”” was crass.

Have you discussed this idea with your congregation or other UUs?

I shared it with a member of my home congregation in PA for use during a meeting with our regional UUA minister. I don’t think it was shared due to the topic was more of an introduction. I was unable to attend in person or on Zoom that day.
I also shared my thoughts in a group discussion with some members of the UU fellowship I attend in FL. I hope to participate in the next Article meeting via Zoom or in person in May, in my home congregation.