Tips to Make the Most of this Discussion Platform

Tip 1: Filter by Tags

You can search and filter by tag. At the top of the section page, click on the “all tags” box and select the tag you want to filter on.
Screenshot 2023-04-19 at 4.01.24 PM

Tip 2: Quote Text for Context

If you are replying to a previous comment or a specific part of a post, highlight the text and click on the “Quote” button that appears to the top left of the highlighted text.
Screenshot 2023-04-19 at 4.00.40 PM

Tip 3: @Mention other users

As with other social communities you can get other user’s attention by @mentioning them. To do this type the ‘@’ followed by the user’s name.
Screenshot 2023-04-19 at 4.00.00 PM

Tip 4: Use Text Formatting

Bold and Italic formats are included in the text editor, however you can use the following to underline or strikethrough text:
Underline = [u]The text being underlined[/u]
Strikethrough = ~~The text being struck-through~~

Tip 5: Keep Replies On-Topic

To promote conversation that’s focused on the topic of the original post, replies are chronological (not hierarchical or threaded). This reinforces the idea that replies are to be considered in the entirety of the conversation and it discourages off-topic tangents.

I’m not sure who to ask this: Why does my bold and strike-through that I so carefully put in my post not show up?!! Can it be corrected? Thanks for any help you can offer. It’s very discouraging that my Fellowship and I put so much thought into Amendment ideas, but the ideas don’t come across clearly in the post because of formatting problems.

3 Likes

Hi Kara, some of the formatting is lost when we import the submissions, but we do go back through and edit them to correct the formatting when its needed for context. Let me know if we missed one.

1 Like

Thanks Larry.

Another question: I submitted an Amendment late afternoon of April 30.
But I don’t see an email acknowledgment that it has been received. Is
there usually a time delay on that sort of thing?

• Kara

Hi Larry, I didn’t get a confirmation that you got my emails last night and this morning, so I’m just trying this one other route of communication. Thanks - Kara

I have a similar issue, and haven’t been sure where/how to ask a question about it: I submitted 3 suggestions in one day, and got emails confirming 2 of them. I never received an email about the 3rd one.

Please ignore my comment. I see that the 3rd item I submitted has now been posted. I apologize for not checking before I spoke.

Hi again, I have a question about submitting Amendments.

I am personally finished submitting Amendments (with the exception of a technical issue regarding one I submitted April 30 - help!).

However I had let my Fellowship know that if they had any interest, they could still submit Amendments AFTER April 30 - they just wouldn’t be considered “priority.”

So I was surprised when I tried to copy the submission form link for them and got the message that submissions were closed!

Was there a change in the plan, or was someone (including me!) unaware of the plan, or was there a technical error, or ?

Thanks for any help you can provide to understand what’s going on.

1 Like

My understanding is that the form was live for the month of April ONLY. After that, there will be open discussions which you can attend virtually. See this link and Heading "Discussing Amendment Ideas: May: Article II Study and Amendment Process | UUA.org
You will need to register to attend the discussions.

• Angela Lesperance

Thank you for your reply Angela!