Amendment 54 to Article II - Proposed by Michele Andersen

Bold underlining indicate insertion ; [brackets indicate deletion.]

31 Justice. We work to be diverse multicultural Beloved Communities where all thrive.
32 We covenant to dismantle racism and all forms of systemic oppression. We support the use of
33 inclusive democratic processes to make decisions aimed at the equitable distribution of power and wealth.

1 Like

See my #56. You are getting to the place I, for one, would aspire to in order to restore trust in the democratic process.

#76 also appears to be exploring this idea of a redistribution of power and wealth under the equity value.

wow! i really like this phrasing. i hope it gets to the 10 or so that get discussed during GA!

I’m reviewing the Justice proposed amendments. You are already aware that amendment 13 is similar. I am wondering if the phrase you want is not already contained in the “equity” value.

Equity. We declare that every person has the right to flourish with inherent dignity and worthiness.

We covenant to use our time, wisdom, attention, and money to build and sustain fully accessible and inclusive communities.

To those who favored amendments that weren’t prioritized or presented: This forum is closing for comment tomorrow, but our lay-led public Facebook group, Blue Boat Passengers, will remain open for another few weeks for commenting (and still be viewable after that).

If you want to find people to coordinate with for the 15-congregation amendment process, you may use the group to do so while it remains open. There’s now a specific post for this in the group (“A post for those wishing to do the 15-congregation amendment process to coordinate”).

Please read both the rules and the pinned post about the pending suspension of the group before posting or commenting there.

Thanks.

Blue Boat Passengers: Info & Constructive Discussion re Article II, etc. | Announcement: This group will soon be suspended | Facebook