#454 | Mary Mullen | Need more time

Submission 454
Mary Mullen
Prairie UU Society (Madison, WI) 8412

What is your suggestion or idea?

This is just a comment on the process of submitting comments. I’ve read that one should look through the current comments first and presumably comment on or join those that are the same or comment. Well. in the few hours I’ve had to do that, I just got lost in the thicket. I did comment on some, and made one separate proposal myself. Now I am out of time.

I have devoted some hours over the past few months on 3 or 4 occasion to learn about and compare the current and proposed Article II. So I am not totally ignorant of what’s proposed. It would take many more hours to thoroughly go through all the comments and thoroughly put out what I think.

The upshot? More time is needed.

Too bad no one in my congregation looked at this submission form far in advance of today and then notified us all of how it works. If some were aware of this, I wish they had sent out the word.

What is the reason for your amendment idea?

Have you discussed this idea with your congregation or other UUs?

2 Likes

You are not alone in needing more time. See for example, posts #299, #401, and #477

I think we would be wise to slow down the process as moving forward at this pace could cause deep wounds that will take a long time to heal no matter what the outcome of the process will be.